Friday, June 3, 2016

My Reflection in Teaching Science

My Reflection in Intervention LEACHEs




      Being a Science Teacher is a very challenging task. The conduct of this action research brought a lot of realizations on my part. I have learned many things about myself as a teacher, both from proper execution as well as putting my heart in teaching the subject. I feel confident at this point that I am capable of successfully mentoring Grade Six pupils. I have acquired useful teaching skills, many of which came directly from the day-to-day dealings with my pupils. It is not just about teaching the concepts but letting them learn and love Science in different ways. To appreciate their improvised material and dealing with the techniques to solve academic performance problems to name a few.
         The most surprising thing I learned during the duration of this study is how far I have come in my teaching abilities and how effective I am as their Science mentor and adviser. At first, I was hesitant to continue working with the action research proposal. Now I can see clearly the reason why there is a need to reach them out through action research. I have learned to know deeply my pupils’ capacity to gauge comprehension. The learners were able to dynamically interact with each other in both formal discussion as well as group dynamics.
          Based on what I observed, I consider my pupils as one of my teaching strengths. Their thirst with daily activities drove the class to strive harder in targeting the class expectation. Such expectation is to increase their performance through written tests and performance. I feel I am fortunate that my superiors inspire me to pursue the provision of materials needed, observe time management and indulge with parents’ cooperation. A somewhat unique experience that I had is when a pupil did not understand a concept, I let them find a fun challenge to get the right analogy or example that finally let them come up with the correct answers. The intervention LEACHes (Learn Concepts through Hands on Experiences) was very helpful for my slow learners.

 It is true that Science, among Grade Six subjects, was once considered as a boring one. Since, an action research was applied by the class, it has been realized that there is fun in Science. As for me, I became an instrument for them to learn the concepts and love Science even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment